o

Monday, September 16, 2013

HOPE FOR HENDERSON

"If I can help somebody, as I pass along.
If I can cheeer somebody, with a word or song,
If I can show somebody, He is travelling wrong
Then my living shall not be in vain" - Mahalia Jackson 

Recent 2013 reports from the North Carolina Department of Instruction show that Vance County is dead last out of 115 county school systems in high school graduation rates in North Carolina. While academic adminstrators, high school alumni, and Vance County residents are boldly disappointed and thoroughly frustrated, there is still hope for Henderson.

In light of this terrible news and the constant barrage of negativity that we hear and see on television about my hometown, we wanted to show a positive reflection through the lens.  Even though we may not be able to "fix" these issues through the clicking of buttons on a camera, we still wanted to showcase the city's rich history, picturesque landmarks, and storied architecture that still boldly stand on the forefront of the town known as the "Gateway City".  








No comments:

Post a Comment