o

Friday, February 14, 2014

HAPPY "THROWBACK" VALENTINE'S DAY....DON'T LAUGH!

So since Carla and I have been married, we haven't really celebrated Valentine's Day. I'd love to say that it's because we celebrate love, relationship and marriage each and every day, but it's probably because I didn't have a gift one year and Carla forgot it was Valentine's Day too. I think we just realized that it wasn't that big of a deal to either of us at that point. We both feel that it can get a bit too much on the commercial side. Like really? Carla doesn't even like chocolates and we do the fresh flowers thing throughout the year.

Nevertheless, we were going through some old files, purging pictures and came across these Valentine's Day cards from 2007 when we OFFICIALLY became "girlfriend and boyfriend"! I was living in Cary and Carla was visiting from California.  She had no idea that the birthstone that I spent my last penny on was going to be a symbolism of the next major move in our relationship. And I had no idea that she wouldn't like it.  It turns out that it was more symbolic for me than her. Although Carla continues to claim that she was already my girlfriend in her mind before the necklace, I still maintain that we became official on that beloved day.

Read the captions under each image!  I promise you, you'll get a laugh....Here's to celebrating Valentine's Day EVERYDAY! 

I hand-made 8 different cards (no clue what the signifigance of the number 8 was. I think I just ran out of poster board.)

This is NOT Timeless. This is time to burn old photos.

This has got to be the most lame, typical, unflattering gift a dude has ever given a girl. Oh wait! She gave this to me!!! #truelove



"It's not how much you spend, but the thought and meaning behind the gift..." That's what you say when you don't have money. LOL!

Wait for it....

Each card had its own replacement for "Valentine" - notice this exquisite 3rd grade scribery.

And the grand finale...Remember this?  You know you did it too, so stop laughing. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment