o

Thursday, May 9, 2013

5K AT 11

11 weeks after delivering Raegan Olivia, I challenged myself and participated in the Hasentree 5K to benefit the American Cancer Society. I had two goals: 1) to finish and 2) to finish under 38 mins which was my finish time at my last 5K benefiting the Brain Injury Association of NC.

I really wanted to be brave and prove that I could run a 5K or something similar which would give me a huge boost post pregnancy. It was probably more rewarding mentally as much as physically. When we first started, there were two older gentlemen that mentioned how “serious I looked” and said they should run with me. I jokingly stated that I may be finishing last and if they saw me passed out to just pick me up.  After mentioning that I had just given birth, they cheered and commented "well, good for you, but you could've picked an easier option if you wanted to get out and away from the baby"...lol

Wondering what my results were????  Wait for it…….this new mommy finished at 37:30 which was even better than BIANC race because there were tons of hills as well as creeks, mud, and flat terrain through the Hasentree Trails.  Until the next run, I’m going to “keep on running!”


2 comments:

  1. Awesome Carla!!! I feel like such a slacker now....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are totally not a slacker. You just gave birth my dear! Just move and stay active no matter what :)

    ReplyDelete