o

Monday, September 23, 2013

NNENNA FREELON + LUCY DANIELS + THE UMSTEAD HOTEL


It’s a reason that 9-5’s are referred to as “work”. A photographer’s life can be quite contrary to this notion though. Recently I had an atypical workday.  I walked into the beautiful and luxurious Umstead Hotel and Spa where in my opinion, “every time feels like the first time.” Today’s “work” included capturing a collaboration meeting of two chefs from The Umstead, two chefs from An, one Lucy Daniels executive and the amazing, uber-talented Nnenna Freelon, all in preparation for the Lucy Daniels Center's Expressions 2013 event. 

I had to pinch (well not literally) myself about being blessed to be able to snap away during such a God moment!  I clicked, jotted notes, and paused on several occasions to give God the glory for allowing that shoot to be work for the day.  I called Khris after the shoot to give him the details and let him know that it was one of my memorable moments in life.  He said “what about getting married and having a baby?” I said, “Of course, salvation, marriage and having a baby are by FAR my top three moments of all time, but this was certainly, a top 15 moment!”

Here are some words of wisdom from Nnenna…
·      “Everything that you do informs your audience”
·      “Nature loves improvisation”
·      “Jazz is equal opportunity music”
·      “Ideas travel by water”
·      “Glorious mistakes” (in response to not being afraid and encouragement to try new things)

Below is just a glimpse of snapshots taken from this "glorious" experience...
















''


No comments:

Post a Comment